by Joshua Branson — September 17, 2020
So, the truth is that I and Jeremy Korwin hate having money. It is really quite annoying. We have decided to get rid of some of it, and we hope you will help us.
If you have been wanting to contribute to a GNU project, but did not know how, then here is your chance. I will pay you $1 (and Jeremy will pay 1€) for any single contribution to any GNU project. The only requirement, is that it has to be your first contribution to that project. Examples include:
- Your first commit to a GNU software project
- Your first commit to a GNU manual
- You contribute artwork that is accepted into a GNU project.
- You commit a new package or update an existing one to a GNU distro.
- You help translate a GNU package or manual
- Improve h-node.org h-node.org
- Improve libreplanet.org
- You successfully sell free software for the first time.
- Start a free software blog. I can help with this.
- Write for the free software bulletin. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Post a video on audio-video.gnu.org. You'll need to email email@example.com.
- Switch to a completely free operating system.
- Add your program as a GNU package.
some useful web site (when that nonfree code is blocked by LibreJS). Either
pick a site yourself, or ask for suggestions. I hang out in
- Convince your University to release your program as free software.
- Join the GNU webmasters team.
- Improve gnu.org.
- List your company in the FSF service directory.
Please keep in mind, that we will need to be able to verify that this is your
first contribution to a specific GNU project. Ideally, you will commit some
change to a software project, and we can use
git-log to verify this is your
first commit to that project.
We are setting aside $90 and 90€ for this "Helping GNU" campaign. First come, first serve. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org when your submission is done.
Your email should look something like:
Hey Joshua and Jeremy! So I contributed my first change to this GNU <software project>. As you can see my email address is <your email address>. You can verify that this is my first submission to the GNU <software project> via this <method>. You can pay me via paypal. My email address is: <email address>. Thanks, Live long and prosper, <Your Name> I'm a rock star!
Live long and prosper.
P.S. If you know of a better payment method, please let me know. Jeremy is in the E.U., and I am based in the U.S.
P.P.S. First new contributions
- Girish a librejs contribution.